RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNATIONAL BOARD MEMBERS
Members of the Grand and International Boards will:
- Commit their entire term, from June 2018 – June 2019, to help advance our Movement and continue to build AZA and BBG.
- Develop relationships and work closely with community counterparts and communicate with them on a regular basis.
- Work to broaden accessibility from the chapter member without a title to the Grand and International Boards.
- Be there to support and provide feedback for Alephs and Bʼnai Bʼrith Girls across the Order.
- Oversee respective International Leadership Network chairs and committees.
- Attend (via video conference) International Board meetings on a weekly basis.
- Work constantly and consistently with International Staff to help build events and campaigns.
- Work equally and cohesively with their AZA or BBG counterpart.
- Attend and work diligently during August and February Executive Conferences, International Convention, Spring and Fall Board retreats.
- Regularly meet requested deadlines for a variety of projects.
- Identify and recruit teens for year-round and summer immersive experiences.
- Participate regularly in your local BBYO program.
- Uphold BBYO policy as stated in the BBYO Code of Conduct and International Board contracts.
- Be a team player and work to help make AZA and BBG stronger regardless of your job description.
- Lead by example and serve as a positive role model in person, across social media and at all times, both in and outside of BBYO environments.
- Respond promptly to phone calls, emails, text messages, Facebook messages and all forms of communication
GRAND ALEPH GIZBOR & INTERNATIONAL GIZBORIT RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grand Aleph Gizbor/International Gizborit is the Treasurer of AZA & BBG. They will:
- Serve alongside the International Gizborit/Grand Aleph Gizbor.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee.
- Oversee and coordinate all International, Regional, Council, National and chapter fundraising drives, pertaining to the International Service Fund (ISF).
- Correspond with and support all Regional, Council, and National Gizborim.
- Assist in the development and growth of chapter treasuries and scholarship funds.
- Promote and support Stand UP Philanthropy.
- Develop resources to enhance fundraising, budgeting, and finance skills around the Order.
- Coordinate the Teen Entrepreneurship Summit at AZA BBG International Convention.
March 12th | Declaration Form & Self-Evaluation
March 15th | Gaining Perspective Call & Priority Paper
March 19th | Grand Aleph Godol/International N'siah Interview
March 21st | Family Call, Parent Form & Staff Endorsement
March 23rd | Announcement of International Gizborim
ALL DEADLINES ARE AT 11:59 PM LOCAL TIME
DECLARATION & SELF-EVALUATION
To declare your intention of going through the application process, you must fill out the Declaration Form and submit your Self-Evaluation. These are two separate forms that you may submit at different times, however both must be submitted by March 12th @ 11:59 PM local time.
GAINING PERSPECTIVE & PRIORITY PAPER
In order to better understand the anticipated responsibilities of the International Gizborim, you need to have a Gaining Perspective Call with Caroline Shrock (73rd International Mazkirah) or Jake Busch (93rd Grand Aleph Mazkir). When you submit your Priority Paper, you will receive information on how to schedule your Gaining Perspective Call. Your Priority Paper will not be distributed - it is for you and the Mazkirim to have an opportunity to discuss and understand how you would practically carry out the duties of the role. Your call needs to be scheduled and held by March 15th @ 11:59 PM local time.
GRAND ALEPH GODOL/INTERNATIONAL N'SIAH INTERVIEW
FAMILY CALL, PARENT FORM & STAFF FORM
All candidates for Grand Aleph Gizbor and International Gizborit need to complete a Family Call with the AZA & BBG Team, a Family Acknowledgement Form, and have their BBYO Professional Staff complete the Staff Endorsement. If you completed the declaration process for the 94th Grand and 74th International Boards, you do not need an additional Family Call, but you do need to fill out the Family Acknowledgement and Staff Endorsement Forms. All of these steps and forms must be completed by March 23rd @ 11:59 PM local time.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF GIZBORIM
All applicants for Grand Aleph Gizbor and International Gizborit will be called on Friday, March 23rd to be notified of their application status.